Learn how to send and receive email using your @icloud.com email address.
Depending on when you started using iCloud, your iCloud email addresses or aliases might end with @icloud.com, @me.com, or @mac.com. No matter which address you send email from, you’ll get all email sent to your @me.com, @mac.com, or @icloud.com email addresses in your iCloud inbox.
Send email from your @icloud.com address
Open Mail and start a new email:
- If you only have an @icloud.com address and don’t have any iCloud email aliases, it appears in the Cc/Bcc, From field on your iOS device or the From field on your Mac and iCloud.com.
- If you have multiple email addresses, you might need to select your @icloud.com address:
- iOS: Tap Cc/Bcc, From, tap From, then choose your @icloud.com address.
- macOS: Choose your @icloud.com address from the From menu.
- iCloud.com: Click CC/Bcc From, then choose your @icloud.com address from the From menu.
Then complete your email and send it.
Make an @icloud.com address your default sending and receiving address
To make your @icloud.com address the default for sending and receiving email from iCloud, follow the steps below for each of your devices.
iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
If you’re using iOS 10.3 or later:
- Go to Settings > Mail.
- Scroll down and tap Default Account.
- Tap iCloud.
If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier:
- Go to Settings > iCloud.
- Tap Mail under Advanced.
- Under iCloud Account Information, tap your email address.
- Tap the @icloud.com email address that you want to use as the default for sending mail from iCloud Mail.
- Go to Mail > Preferences, then click Composing.
- Click “Send new messages from” and select the @icloud.com email address that you want to use.
- In iCloud Mail, click in the sidebar and choose Preferences.
- Click Composing.
- Select “Set a default address” and choose the @icloud.com address that you want to use.
- Outlook 2007: Choose Tools > Account Settings. Select the Email tab, then select your @icloud.com email address from the list. Click “Set as default.”
- Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013: Choose File > Info > Account Settings. Select the Email tab, then select your @icloud.com email address from the list. Click “Set as default.”
Information about products not manufactured by Apple, or independent websites not controlled or tested by Apple, is provided without recommendation or endorsement. Apple assumes no responsibility with regard to the selection, performance, or use of third-party websites or products. Apple makes no representations regarding third-party website accuracy or reliability. Risks are inherent in the use of the Internet. Contact the vendor for additional information. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.